1. Harvest my rapidly growing basil and keep drying it for use in all things ragu (this is kinda done/in progress and not new but cool to me).
2. My mother just made us a free form Challah that was amazing. It reminded me that one not always braid said bread just because. A free form boule took on a beautiful newness. I'll be making it regularly for the kid's lunches. Thanks Ma.
3. As the weather cools down, I'll be cranking up direct grilling, i.e., roasted roots.
4. Hunting for some good cucumbers to try out some pickling recipes found on Twitter (@1kitchen1girl).
5. More Firedome pizza! No new mods, far from perfect, but, it's done. Despite the dearth of posts, I've been trying lots on it and I think I've got it as good as it'll go - and I'm happy with it (almost).
6. Been watching pretzel making vids on YouTube and I'm almost ready to break out the lye. I can't wait!!
7. School's starting and the largely European teachers of my girl's school are in for some treats. Overnight baking and all.
Ambitious list, stay tuned.
Alton's vid on pretzels using NaHCO3, he wimps out on properly using lye.