Weekends are low 'n slow, proper fuel, execution, temperature monitoring - serious bbq. Weekdays are a bit different. We pull a few shortcuts which we'd rather not disclose. Shameful shortcuts. But this one time, I'll share.
Tonight, I knew I'd get home a bit late, so I had the game plan rehearsed:
- marinate chicken in spices and oil
- make dipping sauce: yogurt, lemon juice, scant crushed garlic, tahini, salt, mint
- chop, season and skewer vegetables
- confession: toss Match Light into kettle with a match - whooosh (sound of the ozone escaping)
- skewer chicken (See those ultra cool saber-like Sadaf skewers? Mediterranean Imports - the flat blade enables easier turning.)
- grill direct with the top down
- let cooked flesh rest
Not bad for a quick meal. Served with some short grain brown rice.